Markdown is quite popular these days and I like it for it’s simplicity. So I’ve been searching for a way to integrate it in my blog writing workflow. In Blogger, it’s unfortunately not an option.
There I could go:
- either for
WYSIWYG generates too much
HTML I don’t need. Moreover some pre-publish manual
HTML editing is a pain then. And the other option I consider it rather slow/unproductive.
I consider Stackedit great as it:
- is Markdown editor,
- is open source (see github repo),
- has awesome UI (including live preview, key bindings, …),
- has integration with other popular services that I use anyway:
- has active community (just check the stars count and commit activity on the github repo) and
- has impressive feedback time (resolution on my issues/questions came in couple hours)
So my post writing/editing workflow goes like this:
That’s it! No further in-blogger updates required!
Still there are some specifics in my workflow (to provide smooth blogger integration).
- using the Interpreted variables:
--- title: Markdown editor for blogger tags: blogger markdown stackedit.io ---